As you will probably have seen on the news, there is a high possibility that we are expecting to be in the path of a SEVERE TROPICAL STORM / HURRICANE in the next few days, please prepare, plan and stay informed as this weather system approaches.
Storm Preparation Tips
- Take an inventory of your household. A concise record of your belongings will facilitate a smooth insurance claims process with your rentors insurance provider . We also recommend that you video or photograph your belongings.
- Locate a copy of your renters insurance policy and find the 1-800 claims number you will need in the event of a loss.
- Board up windows if not protected with hurricane shutters.
- Wedge sliding glass doors to prevent lifting.
- Plan to bring in all outdoor furniture, decorations, garbage cans and anything else that isn’t tied down.
- Keep non-perishable food on-hand. Make sure to stock a good supply of food that can be eaten without cooking. Gas and electric may not be available during and after a hurricane.
- Turn up your refrigerator to the maximum cold.
- Check supplies of medicines and first aid supplies.
- Get cash.
- Store drinking water (recommended minimum 2 gallons per person per day).
- Check flashlights and radios to make sure they are in working condition. Never use candles or kerosene lamps.
- Maintain a fresh supply of extra batteries.
- Fill your bathtub with extra water for flushing toilets/bathing.
- Move valuables to upper floors or furniture tops if possible.
- Fuel your car(s).
- Bring in all pets.
- Be sure trees and shrubs around your home are well trimmed so they are more wind resistant.
- Clear loose and clogged rain gutter and downspouts.
This list is not exhaustive but merely suggestions to help protect the dwelling in which you live in the event the storm is strong enough to cause damage in our area.
It is YOUR RESPONSIBILITY to prepare the dwelling for such a storm under the terms of your lease. In the event there is any damage to your unit, when reporting this to our ONLINE PORTAL, please be patient and understand it’s likely that there are many other such properties with damage and we will work through any maintenance reports as we receive them. The security, safety and integrity of the property is our immediate priority in such cases to mitigate potential costs to the property owners.
Please be patient with our response time as our office will be closed due to Hurricane Irma. We will get to your request as soon as we can.
The Warner Quinlan Team